I am so not into searching for another horse, so I am going to give her a chance.
It will mean that I might have to take clinics, haul her lots and ride her lots. I think this winter I can just ride her around here even if it is just on the property. I can pony Mesa and even Belle. I can haul her to the indoor- she does great in arenas.
I'll have to give her maternity leave from Feb. to July and start her again. She is really broke, I just need to get past her issues. Once her foal is weaned- if she isn't bred back- I can do more and hopefully will get to the point where I enjoy riding her. If not- well- once Mesa is old enough to ride, then I can sell her. I'm hoping that being pregnant has settled her a bit and she will be less emotional.
She has so many redeeming qualities. She is a great babysitter.
I can teach children on her as long as it's in the round pen or under close supervision. Hopefully she will become a great kids horse when she is a little older.
And she is just so darn good looking....
and has a pretty good personality. Everybody loves her. And she is super athletic too.
If it doesn't work to the point that I really enjoy riding her again, she will at least make some very marketable babies for me and will earn her keep that way.
Meanwhile, I will do what I can to progress with her.
In other news.....
My little Thea has moved on to her new home with one of the top trials trainers/breeders. Not gonna lie, it was hard to let her go.
I'll miss that goofy face and her snickers and doggy kisses. But she is with a half a dozen other dogs and an excellent trainer, so it's all good.
3 comments:
Oh, sad day, but she will do so well with a new job. You did good by her! Glad you made your decision. She sure seems like a great horse. Maybe working with her this winter will do the trick. Sometimes it seems like we struggle and struggle and then a light goes on in a horse, seemingly from nowhere.
Aww so sad to see Miss Thea move along but I understand the BC drive to work...they are happy working ALL DAY LONG! You did the best for her...we always have to remember to do the best by our animals:)
It take a big heart to make tough decisions on what is best for our animals.
Post a Comment