Beamer's arthritis must be settling down....
I was so happy to see him dancing again. Something up by the road had all the horses on alert- I think someone was walking a black Standard Poodle wearing a red jacket- and that's what all the snortiness was about.
Even today, he is walking much better. The difference between this and a week ago is astounding. Before he had to lift at the shoulder to be able to bring that left front forward; while he still does that, it isn't as extreme and doesn't look as painful.
Just before this change I did 2 things differently: I switched from Spruce oil to Wintergreen oil with Copaiba layered over it, and added a good handful of Hoffman's mineral to his herbal concoction. I don't know if that is what triggered it- but if it ain't broke don't fix it! As far as the minerals goes, I had tried free feeding it to him but he just ignores it. Since he loves his "num-nums" I just added it in and he eats it. His num-nums are 2 cups alfalfa pellets with a 3 finger pinch of burdock root and of stinging nettle, topped off with 2 oz. of raw apple cider vinegar. He absolutely loves it!
I'm really hoping this will be long term, if so I could put kids on him for lessons again. Sometimes with arthritis, they warm up out of the stiffness, and if that's the case, I would love to get him giving kids short lessons again, as he really seems to enjoy that.
6 comments:
Couple questions - do you massage the oils in?
And ACV, do you make your own and buy it? I'm guessing by raw you mean with the mother in it. Around here that stuff is pretty pricey :(
Yes, I use about 3 drops of each oil and rub it in well to get it through the layer of hair.
The ACV I use is Allens raw unpasteurised, yes it has the mother in it and right now it's 2 for $6 at Save On. I tried buying it at a health food store but it was twice as much for the same thing, with an organic label on it. I am currently making my first batch, since there are so many apples in this area.Just a 2 quart test batch, I'll probably make a bigger batch if this one turns out. Kind of surprised at how easy it is to do.
Glad to hear Beamer is feeling better! I am always in awe of your healing methods & concoctions. I just don't have the knowledge base to even try. Alternative medicine scares me, where much is observation based. Especially with animals, where they can't talk. I've use some myself and continue to try to educate myself on safe practices.
Yeah, he looks like he's feeling pretty good! Keep up the good work mama! I love it when you can find a homeopathic cure!
Way to go! He looks great! :)
Lookin' good, Mr. B.!
Post a Comment