ENTER THE FOALING CONTEST HERE
Today's ride was a schooling ride.
Lots of circles, working on holding frame, working on holding bend especially to the right, at a walk and trotting. Counter bending circles and then keeping the same bend and going in a circle the other direction, then back to the counter bend....
Once I got her softened up I let her long trot circles on a loose rein. Still better to the left, but she is starting to hold her form going right for a few strides, then she loses it and her head comes up and out and she speeds up and then tries to stop, so I pick up the rein, soften her again, and keep her circling, turn her loose and help her when I need to.
Some sidepassing over boards and logs, and then it was time to relax a bit so we went through the pond again.
She is trying to do all the things I ask, and when she gets all bound up we just go back to where it was good and then build again from there.
Have I mentioned that this is the smoothest moving quarter horse I have ever ridden? I love riding her and it's so nice to ride a horse with try again.
She's looking good and my saddle is fitting her perfectly now.
And then I did this....
Because he was giving me the "What am I. chopped liver?" look... so I just had to ride him for a bit too.
Riding day 23
6 comments:
What a beautiful roan colour that horse is. I'm glad you're enjoying riding her. :)
Sorry you had to suffer & ride a second horse ;)) Great work with Gussie, she looks great!
Good work with Gussie. I know what you mean about “try”. I finally have that with Leah, and it’s wonderful, but apparently not transferable, because when I had my trainer ride her, she completely shut down and didn’t get her go again for a few days. (As you know.). Gussie has “try” because she wants to be your partner.
I should have qualified that with—I think that is why you get try. I don’t know, but I am developing personal theories. 😂
Gussie is looking good! Hope you had a good ride with Beamer too:) Hope Tess is doing okay:)
Gussie sure is looking good, nice to have her back again Im guessing :)
Post a Comment