The smoke is doing funny things to the light sensors on my little camera, a lot of the photos have this old-timey look to them.
I wasn't sure how Beamer would take to going in the river, he hasn't been really keen on water before, but then again, I had never had him in a river.
I needn't have worried! He really enjoyed it!
Tastes refreshing apparently, he drank several times.
Gussie stood motionless and let the water do it's magic on her leg. The swelling has gone down quite a bit, and even more so after today's session.
I think he should go for a swim! Take the saddle off and go for it! I didn't get it on video, but he did swim one stride and kind of tried to lunge forward to get his footing- rather like Gussie and Kit did.
Emptying her boots after the near-swim
On the way back we got to those horse -eatin' cement blocks. Gussie was very s'picious! I tried first to ride her through, giving her plenty of time and rewarding the slightest try, but it was pretty plain that she was not going to go. So, I led her through, and she went quite easily; led her back through and got on... and rode her through. Silly mare....
Tomorrow is a big day. His li'l self and his mama are heading south.
Definitely going to miss him! He has been a delight to have around. He and his mama are both nice easy going horses, and I'm sure will both be going to the best homes I could hope for. The cool part is that I get to keep in touch with both of them.
Riding day 60
5 comments:
It looks like so much fun riding in the water! I'm going to miss Tweed and Rose too. I can't wait to see how he turns out.
Looks like the horses do just fine with the rock footing. Beamer looks so content! Great photo of Tumbleweed, really highlights his beautiful eye(s). I don't know if it's the coloring or what, but to me he resembles Rosalee. Linda must be super excited. It's so great that you keep in touch with your horses new families.
Oh I'm so happy for Tumbleweed and Rosalee! They do both look like good citizens. I love that Gussie just needed a little reassurance from you. That's always a good thing. She's a smart girl. But they're all silly sometimes. My Kadie, who was such a sensible horse even spooked at the occasional suspicious-looking rock. Who really knows if they can be trusted?
Beamer obviously loves that water! Happy face!
Great photos! Sadly when I showed my husband, he said, "Another reason I can never live in America." (Smoke) (Not just drive-by shootings.) *sigh*
I never liked honey-tone tack until I saw it on Beamer. How far are you from Seattle? I'd love to visit. Our next trip is 2020.
Lytha, we are in the south east corner of BC, 6 miles from the US border directly above Bonner's Ferry, Idaho.
Post a Comment