Saturday, August 4, 2018

One more visit

Linda and her husband came up for one more visit with Tumbleweed. I had a couple of surprises that I waited to tell/show her !
First, T'weed is well into his shed of the baby coat, and now we can really see his dun factor showing in the stripes on his legs.


He is going to be one flashy dude when he is all shed out!
He has grown a bunch too. He's easy to catch, not perfect at leading away from the herd (butt rope time) but once he is out he's pretty good. I have been leading him in and out of the barn and feeding him in there, so I thought it was time to move on to the next step- that was surprise #2.


I had taught him to load in the trailer the day before she arrived. He loaded again for her, she had to use the butt rope after giving him the chance to load without it at first, and it only took a minute or so and in he went. Good boy Tumbleweed!
I love seeing the happiness this colt gives her.


That smile says it all!
So there is more good news- Rosalee and Tumbleweed will be travelling together to Linda's place, where mama and baby will have another month together before Rosalee's owner comes to pick her up. This means that as soon as we get the international papers done, they will be leaving us, so in less than 2 weeks. The bonus for that is that T'weed will have a less stressful weaning as mama will be with him for over a month in the new and different place. So happy with the way things worked out!

4 comments:

aurora said...

You have captured the joy well & set them both up for success! What a treasure for all concerned to have spent time early on together & have such great photos as a visual reminder.

Linda said...

This has been quite an adventure! Life has so many twists and turns. I had planned to breed our mare, backed out, and found T’weed at just the perfect moment. I’d always admired and wanted a baby from Beamer, and here he is. My visits to Canada have been such a joy. Whatever the future brings, I know this was the path to take at this time in my life. And I do get the sense that he remembers me when I visit, plus I’ve had this rare opportunity to know him as a newborn foal. ❤️ Thank you for that gift.

C-ingspots said...

I love that everything is working out so perfectly! Tweed will be all settled in before momma goes on to her new home, and his weaning will likely be easier for him than for Rosalee. So happy for them both!

Those leg stripes are gonna be awesome!!! Cant wait to see the finished product. :) And yes, that smile tells the story for sure. Happy lady!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for smooth transitions! :)