The highlight of my day.
We put Sassy and Ice in with Drifter this morning, it was pretty boring.

Later in the day, I caught mama Belle and put her in Drifter's pen, and we put Drifter in with all the other mares (except Rose). Once again it was pretty boring.

It went well enough that I decided to keep Belle separate (she is in the foaling pen) until tomorrow after Church, then I will put her in with the rest of the herd. She is the boss mare and I wanted Drifter to be comfortable in the new pen before she came in with him and let him know just how important she thinks she is.
So Drifter gets to live with the herd after tomorrow. If the weather is bad I will put either him or Belle in the foaling pen, so that they can all hang out under the shelter; it isn't quite big enough for 6 horses.
I'm getting some interest in Mesa now, so hopefully she will soon find her person.
Riding day 79

4 comments:
Drifter looks as big as them already. It's amazing how boring it was. I put Foxy out with the herd today while Tumbleweed was at the hospital. I wanted to see if she was still the top mare before I add in more with him. She ran right in and took over.
There is nothing better than a ride on our old heart-horses. Beamer looks great.
Who/what is that behind you on the trail, looks like another rider? Glad you got quality time in the saddle with your Beamer. He seemed to be on forward march, dialed in and loving your company. I love peaceful herd dynamics. Best wishes for Mesa. I am going to miss seeing her on your blog.
That's Shayla on Rose behind me, it's her dogs riding with us and she took the other photo of me n Beamer with her little mini Aussie dog following.
Oh and not saddle time- bareback time!
Post a Comment