Friday, December 28, 2018

Still time!

That is, still time to reach my goal of 100 rides this year. Today was 99; I was feeling a bit lazy so I just went for a bareback ride on Beamer down to the river.


Just another lovely quiet day, just enjoying my best boy and his eager stride, and interest in his surroundings. He's such a pleasure to ride, and it's a lot easier to dismount from his 14.2 height than Gussie's 15.2 when I ride bareback!
Love seeing the bright splashes of colour with the mountain ash berries.


 A few times, Beamer knocked snow off branches onto us but that was all just part of the winter fun!
I'm hoping to do something special for my 100th ride- I want Ted to come with me so I can show him some of these beautiful trails.

Riding day 99

5 comments:

lytha said...

So that's what those berries are called! I've been noticing them everywhere around here this year, and people pick them along with holly to decorate.

aurora said...

Wonderful way to spend time with Beamer! I do hope Ted will join you for a special 100th ride & take some pics to share.

M said...

I love quiet, peaceful days. It brings rest to the soul. It surrounds you with a blanket of comfort, and contentment. Good for writing too! :D

thecrazysheeplady said...

Can't wait to see your 100th. On Beamer and a video please :-D.

Linda said...

Sweet!! You’re going to do it!! I like that is was 100 actual rides. That’s not easy with winter. Can’t wait to hear all about the special day.