I found out today that the day for picking up Sophie in Alberta is November 12th. I sure hope the weather holds out, it's no fun hauling a horse over snowy roads. If it looks too sketchy for me, I may hire a pro hauler I know who is no stranger to hauling in bad weather.
If it isn't too bad though, I will haul her myself. That gives me the chance to visit a friend who I haven't seen for about 15 years, as well as a chance to buy some jeans- can't buy my size anywhere within a 4 hour drive and I don't buy online as I have to try them on. I guess most folks think wimmens legs don't grow past 32 or 34 inches!
The other info about Sophie- and I did know this before I bought her, is that she was pasture bred to a stallion, she could foal out in June or July. Hopefully early June as that will put her close to Jayne's due date, and it will be so fun to have 2 foals next year! And no, I won't be breeding her back to Beamer as she is meant to be my riding mare.
Sophie's pedigree: https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ruf+sanation
This is who she was bred to: https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/jae+bars+chrome
His sire is a horse that Shayla rode when she worked for the cutting trainer.
Very strong pedigree to King, Doc Bar, Leo and Sugar Bars- all horses I admire. She should be athletic and cowy!
She had a professional start (90 days) and then was used for moving cows and hunting in the mountains; pretty much what I will be doing with her.
And I can't wait to get her!
7 comments:
What is her breeding? Shes pretty. And nicely bred stallion.
Carrie, I edited the post to include her pedigree.
Hope you have a safe trip going to get her!
She's nice!
I really like her!
Hope you get good weather & can visit your friend too! Safe travels!!
Praying for good weather for you. A new horse is so exciting! Sounds like she has had some solid training and exposure.
Post a Comment