Friday, December 3, 2021

December flowers

 The heavy rains have kept things green around here; some of the usual flowers are still hanging in there and some others are still growing.

In the still hangin' in there category are the dandelions, pansies and johnny jump ups. 




In the still growing category are poppies and calendula. The poppies aren't flowering but they sure are sending out a lot of leaves. And the calendula are still sending up new buds.



My black hollyhocks are still green and my sea lavender has new leaves too. 

But I am sure all that is about to change; I looked at the winter forecast and it said this neck of the woods is due for below normal cold and plenty of snow. So far we are pretty much in the normal temperature range in the forecast.

5 comments:

Linda said...

We have a few things blooming here, too. It has been very mild. Grass is still green. I don’t remember it being like this so far into Autumn. But I love it!

M said...

totally amazing! they sure are pretty! πŸ’œπŸ‘

M said...

Dear sister:

please send the cold and the snow over here!

Regards,

M. πŸ˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ’œ

aurora said...

Nice to have some blooms so late in the season! Our flowers are long gone at this point.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow flowers in December!!!