I feel rather blessed in this little corner of the world. Such terrible weather going on all over the globe. My heart goes out to all the people affected by that trememdous tornado in Kentucky as well as all the folks affected by floods, mudslides, forest fires, volcanoes....
Here in Creston we have a mix of rain, snow and ice. One day we get this:
The next day we get rain which makes ice- treacherous to walk on so I had to improvise down at the barn.
Old hay and chaff laid out so I don't get laid out!
Two days later....
3 inches of heavy wet snow, but at least it is warm!
The snow made it possible for me to get Sophie out for another walk. She was happy to get caught and go for a stroll.
C'mon Sophie, lets go make tracks!
Speaking of tracks, there were plenty of deer tracks, some smaller ones (doe and fawn) and some larger ones like this one, probably a buck.
We have a lot of white tail deer who pretty much live in the woods here year round.
Sophie was really good, very interested in her surroundings and quite expressive without being overly spooky. This next video she saw something bobbing up and down in the breeze and just couldn't figure it out. Her reaction was to stop and look; she was concerned but if I had been riding it would have been very easy to handle.
I am so ready to ride, hopefully this week!
4 comments:
I hear you about the weather and horrific storms others are enduring. Glad you are out and about enjoying nature with your girl. It is even more of a work hiking with snow. Sophie is proving to be a steady trail partner already. Beautiful first photo, and the pine trail makes me feel at home :)
lol, is that Beamer trying to get the gate latch open? Tee hee!! 😁😊💜
I do the very same thing with hay chaff and dirt for my walking path for chores. It looks yucky, but works well.
Love the walk!
It’s cold here, and it appears real winter has arrived. This time of year concerns me for horses slipping, and I’ve slipped before, so I take it seriously and spread chaff, too.
Post a Comment