Thursday, December 9, 2021

Icy I see

 Today's plans with Sophie got cancelled; there is just too much ice. We didn't get much snow, less than an inch but all the paths and wheel marks in the barnyard have made it too slippery for me. Gotta protect these old bones!

However, yesterday was pretty nice, so I took miss Sophie for another walk. This time we went right up on the dyke and had a look at the river. 


Has she ever seen a river before? I really don't know. 


I really enjoyed this walk. She got to go up little hills and proved to be careful with her footing instead of just rushing up them. She seems to thoroughly enjoy these outings. The next time out I plan to do some bushwhacking with her, to see how she handles herself with branches rubbing against her, and how careful she is in stepping over and around deadfall and other obstacles. 

I also got a couple of photos for next Sunday's Sunday Stills Challenge- On Your Left. Beamer fans, stay tuned!

2 comments:

aurora said...

Looks like Sophie enjoyed your walk just as much as you did! So sweet!! I know you prefer and really want to ride, but the extra in hand time exploring her new world together is invaluable.

Linda said...

Beautiful photos!! Sounds like Sophie is a lot of fun on your walks!