Yes, He. No filly this year!
Literally minutes after I hit publish on my last post saying stay tuned, Shayla phoned me as soon as she saw this little fellow, minutes old. Born at7:30 pm.
She video messaged me so I got to see his attempts at standing for the first time.
Regrouping after a few failed attempts!
Success!
All is well this morning! Jayne took good care of him last night as the temperature hit freezing. Lots of deep bedding for him to snuggle into. Jayne looks pretty good for a 20 year old mare! She too will be bred to Shayla's black Stallion Jets Givemathrashin on her foal heat.
His name was already picked out- I had decided on DLH Gunshine Peppy for a colt. His barn name is yet to be determined. I like to pay homage to pedigree when I give them their registered name, if you will click on his link you will see Shining Spark, Mr Gun Smoke and Mr San Peppy in his pedigree.
9 comments:
Congratulations! What a nice little colt.
Aww look at those long legs!! Another colt...oh well maybe next year:)
Oh, what a doll!! Love him. ❤️
Congrats on another healthy baby! That is all both Brad and I want. We don't care what color/markings/sex, as long as Cierra's baby is healthy. Dolly (& Shayla) did good. I bet you can't wait to move closer!
What a beauty! Congratulations!
Gosh, I sure miss having foals! But it is neat to see how great they are doing!
Congratulations!
BTW, I meant Jayne *^* She looks very similar to a lesson horse named Dolly that I rode for years.
Congratulations! he is lovely
Congratulations! He's adorable and beautiful.
Post a Comment