We sure have had some beautiful fall days to start off the season. The sun shines in my office window first thing, it rises right at the end of our driveway.
The boyz are doing well, this week is all about getting them foot broke so we can trim those li'l hooves asap. Also tomorrow I will put the horse trailer in position to start the loading training.
They aren't too worried about small spaces so I think the trailer loading will go well.
Little buddies
Somebody got his daddy's penchant for yawning! I haven't seen Scooter do this so it has to be the Beamer genetics in Boe showing up!
We were working on the fence in the south west pasture so I walked over to see the river. We are bordered on 3 sides by the Medicine River, north, west and south , almost like we are a peninsula. The bank is about 20 ft. high here. The river curves from the west to the south, and the current is flowing north here. Where my hammock overlooks the river, it's the north side and the river is flowing west! This little river meanders through the farmlands as it pleases.
I have a little update for you on my former dog Thea, remember her? She is the one I sold back to the breeder as she was in need of more work than I could give her.
Thea has excelled in working cattle, I'm so glad she found her niche, as they usually show their collies on sheep. Her littermate Mia is also a working cattle dog on an Alberta ranch.






2 comments:
Good to hear that Thea is doing what she needs to be doing! Border Collies need jobs to be happy! :)
Autumn is so beautiful. It's always been my favourite
Post a Comment