It was a beautiful sunny day at Spruce Meadows for the Nation's Cup challenge. I should have known better than to travel on a full moon though- my 2 hour trip ended up being 3 hours due to a major emergency shut down on the freeway that runs through Calgary- I never did find out why. I got to Calgary within an hour and a half- and it took me just as long to go the remainder of the trip which should have taken 20 minutes or so. Uggh!
None of my friends were able to come for various reasons so it was just me.
Anyway! Spruce Meadows is such an amazing venue. Flowers imported from Holland were everywhere, especially on the jump course but also throughout the grounds. I spotted some eye candy for Ted...
but this was more my style of transportation....
There were happy people everywhere, I don't think I heard anyone complaining. The best part for me was it didn't cost to park or to get in! Although as a non paying customer, the seating was on the grass below the grandstands, which was fine with me as it gets you closer to the action. I did have my Nikon camera, but those photos will have to wait as the data cord I ordered won't get here for another week or so. However, I did manage a few with my cell phone, thanks to being up close.



.jpg)

4 comments:
How fun! I wish I was closer. I would have loved to have joined you.
Sounds like a fun day!!
Spruce meadows is such an amazing place! I haven't been for years but I sure enjoyed me visit there. Looks like I have some catching up to do
Wow. As a kid my mom used to take us to a place that had jumping shows that was nearby. I know that place is no longer there.
I recall as kids we liked the pretty horses and wanted them to win since we had no clue about the sport other than admiring it.
Looks like it was a neat time.
Post a Comment