I changed up my feeding routine a bit, since my trail has no more ice or snow (yay) I had to stop using my sled for hauling hay to the mares. I opened up the upper pens which are closer to my hay pile and now I can use the wheelbarrow.
One last time with the sled though, and I stuck Velvet in the barn for her grain....
Ruby was not impressed when Velvet went out of sight.
Kbryan was asking if we have a photo of the sire of the paint foal- by the way, his barn name is Zipper- and yes we do; here is his stallion poster.
I did a photo shoot for Shayla and got some sweet photos of little Zipper.
First haltering
Enjoying skritches
Mama Daphne warning the other mares to mind their own bizness,

.jpg)



8 comments:
Gorgeous stud!! What an amazing horse he will be.
So you’re not too far behind us with the snow. Should be gone soon.
Happy Easter, Shirley! I hope the hostage is released tonight. That would be perfect. From darkness to light.
Great photos!! That is interesting about Ruby's side kicking. Perhaps there is a physical reason, or she was just feeling a little sideways that day. She sure is a pretty girl!
I am glad you are starting to thaw out. Hope the warmth coaxes the babies safely out.
Handsome stud, what a looker!
Linda- I thought you'd like Tristan- dunalino and paint what's not to love!
Aurora- I don't think there is any physical reason, that's just her way. She did that both sides. Note to self... stay out of the way!
Well Shayla is having fun! Hope you get to visit often!
Carmen usually kicks sideways. Never really thought about it. That foal sure is nice though. I have a question: what is the difference between a sooty buckskin and a bay?
Zipper is a handsome baby. And wow, his sire is beautiful! Zipper looks like he has a heart on his forehead..
Teresa A - a sooty buckskin carries the cream dilute gene. Basically, buckskin is the dilute of bay, and the shades of buckskin have a wide variety from buttermilk buckskin to sooty buckskin. Coyote Belle is also a sooty buckskin. We did the genetic testing on her to determine if she was buckskin or smokey black.
paint horses always remind me of michael landon, aka, "joe cartwright" of bonanza 😊
Post a Comment