Tuesday, April 4, 2023

The waiting game

 Mornings...

This barn is 93 years old


We are at the low point of land out here on the prairie, so we get low lying fog on these mornings, when the air is warmer than snow it covers. 


The mares have frosty hair; manes and tails and chin whiskers.



Beamer has less because he hangs out in his barn at night, even though it is open to the paddock. 


I took the shedding blade to them all a couple of days ago. Beamer and Ruby are shedding lots, but Velvet, who has shorter hair, is just barely shedding. Smart girl. 


The full moon should bring on the warmer weather, and I am so looking forward to the snow being gone! 


Ruby agrees. 

4 comments:

aurora said...

Great photos!! Low lying areas sure offer moody photos, especially near bodies of water. I literally said "wow" when I saw your vertical third pic. Frosty hair photos are so cool! No pun intended.

Waiting for Spring does feel like a bit of a game. This year it's a tease for us. Looks like we are skipping Spring this year and jumping right into Summer :( Mid 70's (F) predicted all next week. Farmers haven't been able to get into fields. The sudden change will create major scramble mode. Some Spring maintenance things just won't happen.

I think when others are melting from Summers heat, your place will feel cooler.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I enjoyed the frosty hair shots...especially the tail:)

Linda said...

They don’t mind the frost one bit, and it makes them look beautiful! I didn’t know that about the full moon and warmer weather. Let’s hope! We had been forecast to get up to 70, but they pulled it back to 50’s and rain. Haha. We are shedding about the same as you.

M said...

Same here! Brrrrrr!