I have been watching the river, waiting for it to go out.
April 9th, Easter Sunday, still not really flowing. Thumper was being ever so helpful
April 14th and it's flowing
There is still a lot of ice flowing but I don't think it will create and ice jam and flood the lower pasture. At least, I hope not!
My favourite spring boquet
I took Ruby for a walk to check out the river from the far side of the pasture. Most of that ice is broken up now.
Ruby enjoyed her walk! I am trying to get her mane to go all on one side, hence the braids.
I have a lady bringing over a saddle today for me to try on her, a wider fitting saddle. I sure hope it fits but I have a feeling it will be too heavy for me. We shall see.
The good news is I finally get my truck back tomorrow! Yay! So I can start hauling to the indoor arena and put some schooling/get-ta-know-ya rides on Ruby. I'm sooooo looking forward to that!



7 comments:
Hi Thumper! I am so glad your sweet fluffy cats adjusted to the move and back to being outdoor cats. Some cats have such a hard time adjusting to new homes and lifestyles.
Looks like the river comes right up to the fence line, or close. Will you eventually be able to enjoy the water with the horses, or is it too fast & deep?
Love your Spring bouquet and pitcher. A special Teddy is keeping a watchful eye.
Looking forward to reading about your adventures with Ruby!
That photo with the pussy willows [right?] is fantastic! Wow, love the light and shadows.
I bet you are looking forward to riding. Everything is slippery and muddy here again.
Aurora that teddy bear was made about 100 years ago. It's a family heirloom for Ted. Also, that copper jug was made by Ted's dad, who was (is) a tinsmith.
The fenceline is about 10 ft. above the river, it's a bit deceptive in the video. The river has actually gone down a couple of feet since then. Come summertime the river is slow and lazy and I may explore it with Ruby if I can find a good access point.
Thumper and Foose got moved back to the barn today. They seem quite content.
Val- yes, pussy willows. We get some amazing light in the house; it is situated north/south so the big windows are on the east (morning light) and the west (evening light).
Beautiful photos, Shirley. I remember Thumper visiting us in your Cowgirl cave and buddying up with Tweed and the other babies. It is amazing that he has made that journey safely with you.
I am not a fan of saddle shopping. Luckily for me, Tweed grew into Cowboy’s old saddle. It made all the difference for me because I am so used to riding in it. 20 years, and the same saddle. But it is heavy. Someday I will have to get a lighter saddle.
I vaguely remembered something was unique about the teddy. 100 years wow! It is in great condition & lovingly cared for.
Your father-in-law made that special pitcher? Incredible craftsmanship! I'll assume it is a unique item made especially for family. Sending my best wishes that he is doing as well as can be expected.
We have Pussy Willows finally! Love the braids! Hope you have some good rides!
Post a Comment