I swear there is no more room in that belly!
I had just bathed her to cool down from the heat (she loves baths) and of course she had to roll. What a belly! I put the white tape up to keep her from rolling in a nearby patch of dirt. At night she hangs out in the barn; I keep the door open so she can go out for foaling as the stalls in there are rather small. I have my cot set up in there- I must say I sleep well there with all that fresh air! Of course, I also have Thumper and Foose for company!
I have a feeling that she will foal shortly after Wednesday's new moon.

7 comments:
Only one foal in there? Oh Gussie hope you have an easy time of it:)
oh my!she is large
Best wishes for an easy birth! Sweet of you to camp out.
i hope she has her foal soon!
Come on out, baby! Give your mama a break! Praying for a healthy baby and healthy birth!
Oh! It is soon time then! I recall sleeping in a lawn chair next to our Donkey when she was due.
This is pretty exciting stuff!
Nothing like a foal to brighten things up.
I am in awe of what you do with the mares and foals. I have calved plenty of cows but...
Post a Comment