Friday, May 10, 2024

Theo photoshoot

 Theo turns 3 weeks old tomorrow morning, and I always like to do a 3 wk. photo shoot. The weather sure cooperated, although Theo sez he can do without all the flies that come with warm weather- they are driving him buggy! (Pun intended.) He throws himself down in mama's shadow, rolls and then tries to sleep, but Velvet isn't cooperating, she just continues to walk and graze, much to his annoyance! 

Theo is muscling up beautifully. 

Straight legs and a pretty head.

Just enough white to make him stand out

Growing into his body, doesn't have to bend his knees to graze now

Beautiful carriage and a nice long stride

I have decided to put Theo up for sale. He needs to go be a rope horse or a breakaway horse like his brothers and that's not something I can do anymore. Sadly- I would have loved to use him as a heel horse if I was 20 years younger. A good part of raising horses is getting them to people who will take them to their full potential, like the folks who bought most of Coyote Belle's sons. 

7 comments:

Linda said...

Such a good boy. I wonder if the same family could take him. They're about as ranch as it gets, and it seems very fitting.

Shirley said...

Linda- maybe but they may also be interested in Shayla's new colt, Johnny.

TeresaA said...

He’s got a lovely conformation. I’m sure thst someone will snap him up.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am sorry you cannot keep him, sure hope he gets a good home!

4RRanch said...

Thought he might be the next Beamer. He is beautiful. But totally understand not riding the same as we did 20years ago.

threecollie said...

Love the baby updates! What a beauty! Also love your header. That is a wonderful photo.

Val Ewing said...

He is beyond stunning!

I have no doubt that you will find him a great home.