I believe I mentioned months ago that I had sent off some hair to be made into a few items; hair from Beamer, Coyote Belle, Gussie, Jayne and my first stallion, Chipper. It took a while to complete the order as the lady is a very busy and well known horse hair artist.
Yes she does make items for folks from the US and I think Australia too, check her website.
The package arrived in the mail a couple days ago, and I eagerly opened it- and didn't I burst into tears as I saw the beautiful work she did for me.
The hat band looks perfect on my grey felt hat.
The tassels with the tin stars (one for me, one for Shayla) are made from Belle and Gussie hair, as bff's they are now always together. The little tassels, made from all the combined horses hair, are perfect for everyday use- the zipper pull goes to Shayla and the key ring for me.
I highly recommend Donna's work and professionalism. If you want anything made, though, plan ahead as it takes about 4 months for her to get to your order . I must also say, her prices are very reasonable.
Having these special pieces means a lot to me. I can remember the horses through my photos, but having a piece of them to wear or touch is so much more meaningful.





8 comments:
Wow. Those are just lovely. I really love the hat band.
Those are treasures for sure.
Oh, I love it!! I want to have some more things made from Cowboy’s tail hair!! I will contact her.
I thought you might. Check her website.
Just perfect! :)
That is a really nice way to remember your horses. Wish I had thought of that for my favorites when they passed.
Beautiful!
No clue how I missed this post. What a treasure to have these meaningful works of art! I love how the artist explained each piece, and blending. Beautiful and functional.
I did not know that you owned a stallion before Beamer. Perhaps I missed that post/s too.
Post a Comment