The last 2 days, I went to plan C with Rally. I could see that she wasn't mentally ok with being sent in the trailer, so made the decision to only go in with her until she was really solid on loading without hesitation. Yesterday she had only minor hesitation. She backed out nicely of her own volition, and I loaded her a couple more times, then stepped out and let her dwell in there. Today, well.... she decided that being caught was optional. ( It wasn't.)
Then because she was a bit ramped up I opted to do something different with her before the trailer loading.
Look Rally, it's a raggy old tarp. No monsters lurking.
Rally: It's more fun than trailer loading
Surprisingly enough she was perfectly ok with the introduction of the tarp.
This mare is full of surprises, the things I think she will say no to she is perfectly fine with.
After that, I led her into the trailer, no hesitation. Loaded and unloaded 3 times, no problem.
So now she gets a break from that and it's time to get back to working on her feet .
Good girl, Rally!





5 comments:
What a gal she is...who knows what they are recalling from their past. Nice work with the tarp:)
Interesting the tarp was not scary. Perhaps because you are nearby. Smart to change presented things/order up. You seem to really be enjoying working through Rally's challenges. She is a good girl, and pretty too.
Crazy! She is so brave going over that tarp. A total rockstar. Maybe she had a bad experience with the trailer at some point.
She had never been off the farm before she came to me. They loaded her in a big stock trailer with her best friend to bring her here, so I think the issue is how small my trailer is. It is a 2 horse angle hual so much smaller and she may be claustrophobic like I am :o)
She is a good girl, and tries. It's got to be hard at her age to have to change her opinion on somethings. :)
Post a Comment