I saddled Gussie the other day, I must say she wasn't overly impressed, as it has been about a year since she was saddled last.
What the heck? Saddling?
I tried both saddles on her.
Then I put the saddle on that I normally ride in which I usually can barely do up the back cinch on....
It too fits well. If anything, she has lost a little weight. So since it has become fairly certain that she isn't in foal....
She will be going back to being ridden this year. Doesn't she look impressed! She is 23 this year, and has the beginnings of arthritis in her right knee, so it will only be some light riding. Mostly for the sake of giving her and me something to do.
One of the kittens found her new home yesterday.
The photo that did the trick
The first time picking Matilda up, please ignore all the cat hair on my shirt!
I captured all the kittens yesterday; feeding them in the kennel in the barn did the trick. I brought them into the house (the mud room bathroom is perfect for this) for socializing. The guy who answered my Facebook post drove 3 hours to get Matilda, we had a nice visit and talked horses, of course.
Now to get a home for Timbits, the male kitten. Even if he gets neutered, the other male cats here will run him off like they did with Smoky. So I hope to place him soon.






8 comments:
Gussie looks so good, and congrats on finding Matilda a home. I saw her picture on FB, and it's such a great picture that I'm not surprised she found a home. Fingers crossed for Timbits to find a new house to call his own.
I saw that photo on Facebook and fully understand how it found her a home! She’s beautiful. So, maybe Tumbleweed is the one who is pregnant! 😆 He managed to gain weight during winter.
Some folks think having horses on free choice hay 24/7 is a recipe for weight gain in horses, but over the years I find that they self regulate as if they were grazing. (Metabolic issues aside of course). Also, they have a lot of room to move around here, as yours do. I think as they get older that even with free choice hay they need a little extra. Velvet at 26 is starting to lose body condition. I have her and Gussie on a bit of oats and some Wilsons Cool, as well as having alfalfa mix hay. I am hoping that Velvet doesn't go downhill too much this year.
Nice that Matilda found a home. Gussie does not look impressed:)
Gussie looks awesome! What you’re doing is working really well.
So awesome you found a home for Matilda. Such a pretty girl!
Looking forward to reading about rides with Gussie <3
Gussie sure is a looker. Sounds like you may be able to get some riding in this spring or summer too. That will be nice.
I'm just catching up to your blog, you've been rather busy!
Beautiful cats :-).
Post a Comment