Mid Month March Madness
Aka 10 inches of fresh snow. Let the pictures tell the story....
We knew this storm was coming, so made sure we were prepared for it.
The day before we bought 2 more round bales and set them up in the shelter; one for now and one partitioned off for later on.
It is really nice hay; first year timothy and orchard grass, nice soft hay for those old mares. However, they are quite sure it should have some alfalfa in it like the small squares I was feeding.











10 comments:
Unbelievable! We had a cold spell come through, too, but nothing like that! Beautiful photos. They really do tell the tale.
March in Canada : warm, cold, snowy, rainy, windy, calm, sometimes in the same day lol.
Yep I always say we can get every possible weather in March. Even thunderstorms.
Your photos make Winter look pretty.
We have Winter weather brewing. Starting with high winds today, snow etc to follow this weekend and beyond. Spring weather is such a tease, especially after enjoying a couple warm days.
we got at least 4 inches. hubs was out in wind and snow and shoveling.
reminds me of that song from led zeppelin, the immigrant song, " we come from the land of ice and snow... aaaaah aaah aah!" lol. for those who don't know, its about vikings.
Beautiful shots Shirley the colors in the sky!!! In penticton there has been very little sunshine lots of grey clouds all winter I wouldn't mind snow and sunshine
We got 7 inches last night, it must have been the same system. I would like Spring also!
it was actually. weather network said it was a slow moving system across canada.
It's been a very long time since I've been jealous of cold and snow, but I'd give just about anything for it now. My favorite thing about spring snow in Colorado is that it's heavy, wet, and disappears within a day or two.
Post a Comment