Thursday, March 5, 2026

Signs of spring

 As you can see by these photos.... 




Winter still has us in its chilly grip. However, the mares are shedding and the days are getting longer. So there are some signs of spring such as:

Misty the mama cat has come into heat... again...


She is currently holding court to the 4 male cats, poor thing. She is on our left in the photo, then in the line up are Boris, Harley and Tom, with Ollie on the ground. I haven't yet been able to catch her to get her to the vet, so looks like there will be one more litter. I won't spay when she is pregnant, but I will still work on getting her used to feeding in the kennel so I can eventually catch her. 




5 comments:

aurora said...

We are doing the weather swing thing that WI is known for. Winter one day, Mud, I mean Spring the next day.

Those four male cats must be familiar with each other. Ours chases all others away. Hope you can catch the mama cat and help the girl out.

Linda said...

That picture is priceless. Do the boys fight over her?

Spring will come for you soon enough! Signs of shedding, the horses know.

Shirley said...

The boys don't fight, surprisingly enough. They do have their dominance order though. Oliie is at the bottom, then Tom. Harley and Boris are buddies but Boris is top of the heap.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope someday you catch her to be spayed:)

Val Ewing said...

We have entered Mud March or March Madness...or maple syrup sap season.
Those photos are definitely fantastic with all that frost!