Thursday, April 2, 2026

Enough already

 April came in white. Started snowing/raining last night, and this system is supposed to last all day. Enough above freezing to make it snow but warm enough that it's melting on the vehicles but not on the frozen ground.

My footsteps on the walk way this morning, to and from the barn. It was bare yesterday.

My garden containers, a long way from being able to plant. 

The mares have settled into their new routine. Their hay bale is on the other side of that shelter; they only go in there to eat but don't hang out in there. They are currently standing out in the weather in their favourite spot in the winter pasture. 


Happy also has free roaming in and out of the barn, I put most of her hay in there and one flake on the lee side of the barn- and that is where she prefers to be, probably because she can see the other horses from there. 


She too is currently hanging out in the weather, unconcerned with getting wet. All the mares are still sporting their winter coats, guess they knew something we didn't. 


I found this beauty in Walmart and couldn't resist adding a splash of color to this greyness that is hanging in there.

6 comments:

aurora said...

Sorry about the snow. The current system is giving us rain, with potential t-storms.

What a beautiful Easter Cactus!! Colorful & cheery. I've seen them in stores, but never tried growing one. Looks like a lot of buds yet to open. Bonus.

Linda said...

You’re getting our snow and yours. The bonus is no bugs though. I’ve already seen flies around here.

That is a lovely Easter cactus. If I find one that beautiful, I’ll grab one too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Easter Cactus is very bright and pretty! We have the snow here now and it is supposed to last through Saturday afternoon or evening. I am tired of snow too but it is moisture!

Leslie said...

The girls look happy the white barn looks like something out of a Zane grey novel

Leslie said...

The girls look happy the white barn looks like something out of a Zane grey novel

4RRanch said...

Well, at least you have something blooming inside to enjoy. Sorry you have so much snow to keep dealing with.