Thursday, April 9, 2026

Wide load

 Saturday the 11th will be Happy's safe zone of 320 days since breeding so after that we will be on foal watch. 

And none too soon apparently!



I checked her udder, it isn't quite full yet but it is rapidly getting there  



I expect her to go around two or three more weeks but this has been a weird year for foaling. Some going way early and some going over a year. So I am not taking anything for granted. We will start the foaling contest next week sometime. 

7 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

She does have a wide load! I sure hope all goes well with her foal!

Linda said...

If she has the baby tomorrow, it will share my birthday, but I hope she keeps it in there a little longer, just to be safe. Still, it’s getting close!! Exciting!!!

Leslie said...

She looks beautiful

Firn said...

Speaking as someone who had her own baby 2 weeks ago, I have so much sympathy. My husband told me I needed a wide load sign toward the end lol (he was not wrong)

TeresaA said...

She looks ready!

TeresaA said...

Congratulations on the baby!

aurora said...

Guessing a baby is coming your way sooner than later. Best wishes for a safe delivery & healthy foal!