Now that Happy is in the safe zone it is time to start the guessing game.
Here are the facts:
1st day bred was May 26 last year. Mares typically go 11 months and a week before or after that , unless like Belle they go closer to a year. Since I have no history on Happy's previous gestation I cant advise on that.
As far as color goes we know that there is a 50% chance of grey, however since grey horses are not born grey, we are going to take that out of the equation and just take guesses on what the base color of the foal will be.
Happy was born bay roan, so she carries a copy of black, a copy of roan and most likely a copy of red as she has had red based foals, and she carries a copy of agouti, which is the modifier that makes the color black turn to bay.
The sire of this foal is sorrel, and he may also carry a copy of agouti which is not expressed on a red horse.
So here is a chart with percentages of color possibilities:
So put your guess in -
~Colt or filly
~Date and time
~ color
If the mare doesn't foal on your guess, you may put a second guess in. I will pin the guesses on a list on my sidebar so you can choose a combination that nobody else has. Family members can each put in their own guess.
Then here is what I have for the winner....
A note pad and a list pad with my original drawing of my beloved Beamer peering out at you.



15 comments:
Black Filly May 1st at 5AM
Colt bay roan 28 april 11 pm
Colt / April 28 2:00am / Bay
Sorry Leslie! I didn't notice you also picked the 28th. It is a special date for me, so am sticking with it. At least times our times are opposite ends of the day :)
may 1st {full moon} sorrel filly 11 pm
Its all good! As long as the guesses arent identical they count
May 2,
Filly
Chestnut/red
Forgot the time: 6 am
Since she is a seasoned mama, I’m thinking earlier, rather than later, but April 27th seems too early and there are other guesses for the 28th.
I’ll guess April 30, 11:30 pm, filly, sorrel.
Hi barly was born on the 28 hope all is well
Well then that is a good day!
Hi Shirley is it possible to purchase a note pad?
posted frank's guess on wrong post. can you add it here, and delete other one? thanks!
Colt, blue roan, May 4 (Star Wars Day!) 7 am. So many great name options with that combination.
I would guess on Full Moon atmospheric pressure, but that date is pretty well covered lol.
My second guess: Colt / 5.5 at 5:55 am / Bay
Post a Comment