These are my two border collies, Reba and her daughter, Tess. They were started on sheep in December, and are progressing nicely. My goal is to show in novice trials with them. Reba, in the top photo, is 6 years old, and Tess was 1 in October.
Beautiful pics. I grew up in the country in Michigan. I remember all the snowing farm land like this. After school we'd run home and grab our hockey gear while it was still light out and run out to the cow ponds and play hockey until our mothers would call us in for dinner.
Marilena, my dog trainer said it takes a year to train them and a year to season them, and then you can show them. So I guess it'll be a while before they're highly trained!
Dave, it was -20 Celsius that day and so cold my camera didn't want to work! Bet you didn't care how cold it was for playing hockey... do you still play?
Yes, Thank God that even down here in North Carolina there are hockey rinks to play at. I play in a mens league and my three children play hockey as well (my poor wife!)
6 comments:
your dogs are highly trained. are all border collies naturally inclined to herd?
Beautiful pics. I grew up in the country in Michigan. I remember all the snowing farm land like this. After school we'd run home and grab our hockey gear while it was still light out and run out to the cow ponds and play hockey until our mothers would call us in for dinner.
DLW
Marilena, my dog trainer said it takes a year to train them and a year to season them, and then you can show them. So I guess it'll be a while before they're highly trained!
Dave, it was -20 Celsius that day and so cold my camera didn't want to work! Bet you didn't care how cold it was for playing hockey... do you still play?
Yes, Thank God that even down here in North Carolina there are hockey rinks to play at. I play in a mens league and my three children play hockey as well (my poor wife!)
But I do miss playing outside on the pond ice.
My dream dog is a border collie! I just need to find a house with land first.
Post a Comment