Saturday, June 7, 2008

Back !

Back from the rainy coast and it was time to move the mares to the next pasture.While it was beautiful at Abbotsford with all the lush greenery and the beautiful flowering Rhododendrons there is nothing like coming home- and watching contented horses mosying through the trees, heading for that just-right patch of grass. Beamer managed to find some wire to cut his foot on, nothing too serious but enough to delay our riding plans for a month, so I guess I get to spend lots of time working with Sassy, and maybe getting Gussie under saddle again. I'll ride her around the pasture with baby at her side, just to get her in riding shape again. I will wean Peppy at the end of August, and hope to get Gussie out on some rides this fall. She is bred back to Beamer, so I need to get some rides on her this year just to advance her training.

2 comments:

Tom in Vegas said...

How do you get their hair to look so gorgeous? Wow.

Shirley said...

Tom, they are just naturally gorgeous. I just brush 'em every now and then.