Today we are picking up lumber to build new corrals for the horses. Friday, we rent a post
pounder, and Saturday, we are putting in the posts and starting to put up the boards. It will be a busy weekend, and we are going to have some beautiful horse pens to show for it. Yesterday, the farrier came and trimmed them all. I had to work with Sassy a bit before he got there as she thought that she could take her feet away from me and argue about it. I just put her in the round pen and got her mind on being cooperative, by
reviewing simple things that she does well, and then asking her to give me her feet again. She figured it out quickly, and was very good for the farrier.
Peppy was 2 months old yesterday. He quietly stood tied with his mama while we waited for the farrier, and is easy to catch and halter, leads well, picks up his feet, and in general is a good natured little guy.
I took this picture of his sleepy eye; look at those long lashes!

Look how tall he is getting! His mama stands 15.2 hands, and I think he will be a good size when he is done growing. The star on his forehead is almost heart shaped now.
1 comment:
Love eye pics! There is just something about them!
Peppy is getting so big! My goodness! They both look just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Good luck with the new horse pens! HOw exciting! I would love to add on to our barn!
Post a Comment