
This morning I got the small pen set up and let Andee into it; she was a little worried about the close quarters when I entered it, but not enough to keep her from her grain. In no time I was able to rub her with my hands, even up her neck to behind her ears; and to slide a soft rope over her head.

However, I found that the pen is too small to properly work a horse with a rope. There wasn't enough room to get her to face up, so I went to plan B- I brushed her. She was good on her left side, and let me do the right side only if she could see me with her left eye. So when I got to the point where she let me rub her right side while looking at me with her right eye, I called it a day. I think our next lesson will be a good one. I hope to brush her all over her back and neck, and touch her legs. I'll probably use the stick to touch her legs first. All the time I was working this filly today she never once threatened to kick, and believe me, I was watching for the signs! I'm liking the mind on this little girl. Although I shouldn't call her little- I think she is going to be a big mare.
1 comment:
She's going to be a beautiful mare when she gets older.
That's good about the brushing, it's kind of a big step for them.
Post a Comment