This is my almost free load of shavings; almost free because it is 38 km each way to get to the sawmill; thats about 23 miles one way. And gas is about $5.50 a gallon now, so I figure this cost about $20, and lots of sweat! It's hot today, and I was using my muck bucket to scoop and load; much easier on me than using a shovel, but by the time I was done even my shadow was sweating! I backed up to the shelter wher I am keeping the new girls and bedded it nice and deep for them.
They are still stand-offish, but the red dun is starting to walk up closer to investigate me. I don't have a barn name for her yet, but the dun filly I am calling Chickory. I might pay the $50 and change her registered name, which is AV Hickory Miss. Not very imaginative!
The red filly's registered name is AV Docs Baby. Also a lack of imagination there! I'll have to think up a good name for her; any ideas?
3 comments:
Man I have missed some things!
Love the new girls! Congrats on them! Look forward to seeing them grow!
Way to go with Gussie! You go! I rope anything and everything for training purposes! She looked great! Be careful though with getting the rope under there tail and causing a burn! If they get burned by a rope there, sometimes you have issues ever roping off of them again. You may already know that! Just with my experience!
Love Peppy's new friend! Our last cat used to sit on our old horse like that! My mare would let him get up there and then pick him up and throw him off!
KDW, that's too funny about the mare and the cat!
With Gussie I figure to put a rope under her tail kinda like a crupper and just let her wear it for a bit to desensitize her; maybe do that a few times so that if the rope goes there by accident she won't get too upset by it. By the way, girl, sure glad Ike didn't hit you too hard!
Those are some nice looking shavings!
They look so cute standing in their freshly bedded shelter, looking out.
What about Rouge? That would be a good name for her... not too long either.
Post a Comment