Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Stills- Texture

This week's challenge is texture. I could have gone over the top on this one, there are so many interesting textures just begging to be photographed! I settled for my kitten's fur:It's so woolly! Unlike the sleekness of the dogs and horses.

I love the texture of old wood, like this pitted fence post,

and the silvery sleekness of the barn boards.

12 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

good choices! I can just about feel the fur.

restoration42 said...

Kitty fur! Great choice for a texture. Love your barn wall.

Anonymous said...

Verrrry cool, LOVE the Kitten fur...:-)

gtyyup said...

Nice kitty!! Don't you just love old barn wood? Your mist and fog photos are great too!

Have a good week!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow. That's one fluffy kitty. My cats are more sleek like the horses. hehe!

Great shots of the wood. I like the fence the best. Great perspective.

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

I like your fence shot the best.

CTG Ponies said...

Great pics! That kitty looks like a little puff ball.

Simon said...

Ooo more great wood texture :) love the lines & perspective in the fence shot.

flowerweaver said...

Love the fence shot! Weathered wood is just so cool.

katieleigh said...

love the angles you've taken your latter two shots! very nice texture on the fence

Kelly said...

Old wood is just beautiful- great photos!

gtyyup said...

I was reading your two posts above and scrolled through your texture photos again. I've realized that all of my shots tend to be "straight on." You have two really nice photos here that are from the side giving the photo some depth and interest...so what does that tell us about ourselves? LOL...maybe I need to look a lil' bit sideways sometimes!