Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rio's groundwork- the next step

After a lazy day yesterday, I worked Rio today. I set up poles for him to walk and trot over, and a tarp in the middle of the pen.  Poles were a piece of cake....
Then it was back to sacking out with the saddle blanket....
After that, I introduced him to the tarp.
A quick sniff assured him it that it didn't contain any horse eating monsters...
even when it was on the ground, and when I asked him to walk over it.....



























































No problem!
A few repetitions, and back over the poles, then I showed him the tool we will be using tomorrow...
Rio, you are a good horse, but your halo is a little crooked!

12 comments:

Dreaming said...

"I am afraid. I am veeeryyyy afraid.... yeah, right!"

I bet he is enjoying the attention.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff - he seems to be enjoying it all!

Nikker said...

What a good boy he is! I think he is ready for the new tool. (0:

Shirley said...

By the way, that loose halter drives me nuts! You'll see that in the last photo I had fixed it.....

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Way to go Rio! taking it all like a pro!

Christine said...

What great photos - I'm envious of the background!

What a good boy Rio is! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a good boy..:)

Janice said...

Nice fella Rio...you are a jewel.

Margaret said...

Oh, he is a funny, sweet boy! Love the halo. I can see you both have a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Well done, Rio! And well done, Shirley! :)

Montanagirl said...

He's wonderful, but I think his halo does need a little adjusting! lol

Jenn said...

What a good boy! Love the halo. The first time I asked Gabe to walk on a tarp he tried to eat it...boys...they always think with their tummies!