No, not me coming back to blogger- although it does feel like coming home- but Chickory's filly, Josie, coming home. Today Ted and I went to Alberta for a rather long road trip to pick her up. She is 5 months old tomorrow, August 19, so it was time to go get her and put her in with Stella and wean the two together. (Stella has been separated from her mama for a couple of days now.)
It sure was a nice day for a trip, not too hot and not too windy. The wind turbines in the Crowsnest past were only turning lazily as we drove by.
At Fleetwood Farms, which is where Chickory is living now, I had to take a quick tour of the horses before getting down to business, and a fine bunch of horses they are!
Then it was time to load up miss Josie, went fairly well when we loaded mama and baby followed. She hauled really well even though it was a long drive- about 6 hours with all the stops and delays on the highway on this busy Sunday.
She was happy to get out of the trailer though, and I put her right in with Stella. Stella was not too concerned, but mama Belle charged the fence and gave Josie the stink eye- some strange horse in with her darling Stella! Gussie was curious and I think she will be the baby sitter once I get her in with the fillies.
A little checking out the pen...
and then it was all about chow time.
I think the two fillies are going to get along fine, and Josie will settle in quickly, she is a really sensible filly, not inclined to be nervous at all. We'll have her halter trained in a few days and I think she is going to be a lot of fun!





11 comments:
Oh I am happy about your homecoming and the horses homecoming. Your photos are magnificent. I am sure they are going to settle in nicely. Hug B
She's beautiful! I can't wait to follow their progress.
I never did follow you to Wordpress - so it was nice to catch up with you again - I'm sorry Wordpress didn't turn out to be the 'be-all and end'all'. I've stuck with Blogger and issues I have eventually get addressed. I hope it continues to work out for you as well.
Welcome home, to you & your new filly. She is a pretty girl.
Boy is she built...another tribute to the Man...(and the Mare) You can really see Beamers head on her, Jazz too. I can really see the genes with Beamer's header shot as a comparison.Glad things went well, I was thinking about you guys off and on all day.
Ah, I just got my horse fix for the day! Great photos!
welcome home pretty girl!
Sounds like a lot of fun! Hope all goes well with the training...so nice to have a sensible filly! She's beautiful!
Welcome home! They sure are a pair of good-looking fillies!
Pretty girls!
Welcome back/home..missed ya..:-))
She is a beauty that Josie:)
Post a Comment