Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Beamer, Birds 'n' Borders!

Enter my giveaway! Draw date March 20!

Spring is inching its way closer, the frost is coming out of the ground  and I think I can see bud growth on some of the hardier trees. This morning was foggy- pretty in its own way.

Beamer had to perform a little when I turned him out this morning.... but it was tough getting a decent photo, not sure of my settings for action in the fog.

Yeah, I know, my photography sucks today Beamer.

Oh well- the day got better! I saddled up in the afternoon sunshine and packed my good camera in a backpack- the first time I've taken it horseback.
I spotted a hawk in the trees, so stepped off and managed a shot or two. I think it's a Red-Tailed Hawk.

I did a lot of trotting, Beamer still has some bar grown under the apex of the frog on his right front, and I hope it will pop loose with some riding on firm ground. It's close, but not quite.
Rio has a dental appointment on the 17th, I think I won't ask too much of him until that's done. He isn't too happy riding in the arena, where we ask him to move in frame etc. but he did enjoy riding down the road after the arena workout. There was a lot of water sitting in the fields near the arena, but it should be going into the ground now that it has warmed up a bit.
* I think these trees are well watered!*

Meanwhile.... there are only 2 pups left for sale now; Chase is going to have a job rounding up and chasing (appropriately enough!) geese off of a Golf Course. That leaves Quinn and Cinch. 
I took those two little rascals out and put them on the lawn for the first time today- hope you enjoy the video!) I have my eye on a red and white female pup, so I really need to get these two sold! Delivery to Alberta, Saskatchewan, Idaho or Montana can be arranged, just sayin'!

8 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh they are so adorable and tempting:) Your reflection photo is gorgeous as are all your photos. Spring is not here yet snowstorm on its way:) Hug B

lytha said...

wow, red wing blackbird city! i sure miss those.

Montanagirl said...

Enjoyed the video - they are so darn cute. Also the foggy tree photo is just super and the reflection shot is really nice too.

lisa said...

I think your pictures are pretty awesome today! I love the one of Beamer's tongue. That one of the water is pretty awesome, I had to look at it twice. Love the Hawk, we have quite a few of those around here but never get tired of seeing them.

Michele said...

Awww!!!Don't you just LOVE the way they follow Ted? aww!!!! Totally cute!!!!!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Beautiful photos!!! That hawk is an outstanding catch.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

they are adorable! Almost makes me think I need a third dog!

Keechy said...

The hawk pic is lovely! The pups are so charming following long like that. Such bright little buttons already. :) The bird calls are so different to what I hear daily in Western Australia. Sounds amazing!