Friday, March 28, 2014

Pup stuff and a rainbow

I keep hearing about everyone getting blasts of winter still, but you'd never know it here in the Creston valley. This was our first rainbow of spring, a couple of days ago.


I've been busy with the pups lately, tomorrow I deliver two of them, and today I took Pip and Roper to Bonner's to get their puppy shots and Amber to get her booster shot. They travelled well, - no kennel, just on the seat of the pickup. 
I had Amber in the house last night, trying to get her to just cuddle and chill out while I watched TV . Here's her version of lounging around:


as compared to Pearl's version:


Darn cat claimed the whole couch, and none of the dogs were inclined to argue about it!

I have been watching Tess to see how jealous she is of the pup, but so far she tolerates Amber really well.... even when Amber covers her in kisses:


All she does is give me this look:


Aaaaack! Puppy slobber!

As of April 1st, I'll only have 2 pups left, Pip and Roper and by mid April they'll be gone too. I remember I said a while ago that having the pups would prevent the February blahs, and it certainly worked. I'm ready for them to be gone though, so I can concentrate on working with Amber. But I will miss their cuteness!
Oops! Puppy down!

6 comments:

Michele said...

Sweet photos, especially the one of Tess :D

Montanagirl said...

Tess looks so soulful. The pups are sooooo cute!

CDH said...

The pups are so cute when they are little!
Been working with the 2 new pups we have. Almost 6 months old now. Very smart. Know basic commands.
But I cant keep them home! They chase birds, and next I know they are all over the meadows. Then they encounter the cows and chase. Any suggestions?

Cheri

Kalin said...

So cute, my goodness!! You are making me get puppy fever!

Kurious Kim said...

The puppies are cute, that's for sure, but the look that Tess has on her face is so full of love and adoration for you that I pick that one as my favourite picture in this post!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Tess looks tired...but patient and ready to please you. That new Amber is a doll:)