Yesterday, Shayla worked on her feet and she is doing quite well- although she did try to nip Shayla at one point... or was it twice... bad Josie! A quick correction and she didn't try it again, though.
I think this was just after the "correction"....
I'll be good! Honest!
She also had body work done on her for the first time, and there were several places that needed adjustment; her wither, first ribs and elbows were adjusted, and it was pretty cool to hear the elbows pop into place after the ribs were done. We also did stretches with her front legs, crossing them in front of the opposite leg and she did well with that.
Rio also got some body work, and there was something really interesting there; several times I had to square him up as Shayla checked him, and I thought his right front looked toed out a little; what was way cool was that during another adjustment the pastern popped and straightened out- so it must have been out of alignment- and then when I squared him up again, that leg looked perfectly straight. Conventional thinking would be that his feet were out of balance which we know they are not, and just that little adjustment made such a big difference.
So the point here is that horses need body work to be at their best, just as we do- even the babies like Josie can really benefit and it will help them to grow correctly and not develop compensatory physical habits.
Rio also got some body work, and there was something really interesting there; several times I had to square him up as Shayla checked him, and I thought his right front looked toed out a little; what was way cool was that during another adjustment the pastern popped and straightened out- so it must have been out of alignment- and then when I squared him up again, that leg looked perfectly straight. Conventional thinking would be that his feet were out of balance which we know they are not, and just that little adjustment made such a big difference.
So the point here is that horses need body work to be at their best, just as we do- even the babies like Josie can really benefit and it will help them to grow correctly and not develop compensatory physical habits.
5 comments:
I've learned to be a big believer in the benefit of body work - chiro, massage, etc. It's made an enormous difference to my horses.
Cute Josie - she's a doll!
This is a really interesting post. Josie will be a joy to ride - I'm sure of it!
its amazing what an adjustment can do for the horse. And to watch them just take a deep breath and relax.
Have a horse right now that the chiro has been working on. He got injured some how down his back. ugh! But with the chiro and an anti inflammatory med he is on the mend.
Josie - ha! I didn't do it! :)
Cheri
Josie sure is a cutie!
I just love the look on her face in that first photo. She seems a bit perturbed. She sure is a pretty girl!
Post a Comment