Yesterday was all sunny and warm and a perfect day to load up the boys and head to the arena. Shayla is here for a few days so Nitro got to come along. After a little photo op, that is!
Pretty soggy for a two year old.Imagine him at 5 years old.....
Since the footing around here is either mud or ice, depending on where you go, we opted for the indoor arena.
I rode Kai around for a bit while Shayla did the ground work on Nitro, then she got on and I took the lead line while she rode Nitro.
He was a good boy! He hadn't forgotten the lessons he had in October. I think giving the youngsters time off to absorb things and grow up a little mentally is good for them, keeps them from getting pressured up.
Then she worked Kai....
He got worked at all 3 gaits. The last time he got worked like this he was all over the place, steering wasn't good, etc. so he has come a long way. We still need to build a soft feel in the face but that will come . Like Shayla said, he needs consistent riding, which I know but it probably won't happen until spring, riding during the winter will be sporadic. I was happy that he was willing to go forward without any silliness, so I think I'll be ok with riding whenever I can without having to worry too much about that. Can't wait for this coming year and long rides in the mountains!!!!
Nitro will soon be heading to Alberta to live with his Shayla- hard to tell who will be happier!
5 comments:
It's great that the young boys were so well behaved! I think most horses enjoy a change of pace & using their minds. It's surprising the things they retain. Wishing you & everyone at Diamond Lazy H a very Merry Christmas!
Shayla and Nitro are going to be so happy together. LOVE your photos. Merry Christmas Shirley. Hug B
Merry Christmas! The boys look fabulous!
Love the photos! Both boys look great! Merry Christmas!
I always did like that Nitro colt. I'm very glad Shayla ended up with him. He should make her a really nice barrel horse. :-)
Post a Comment