Saturday, August 12, 2017

Mesa at 3 months

3 days. 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years, as the saying goes, are when you can best judge a young horse. So here is Mesa at 3 months. Temperament wise, she is very laid back, soft and sweet. Ideal for me!


I am separating her from her mama for short periods of time, just getting her used to not being able to run to mama all the time.

Mooooommmm.....mommyyyyyyyy....... 

She doesn't call out, just gazes at her mama, who totally ignores her.


Such a sweety! She is blowing off her foal coat to reveal a rich dark brown.


 Pistol thinks she is no fun, she doesn't run around enough for him, she mostly ignores him.

 Just for comparison, here she is at 3 weeks.


And here she is at 3 days: 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She seems very sweet and willing - just lovely and like how she's looking!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Nice group of foals!

aurora said...

I've never heard that saying before, will keep that in mind for the future. Beautiful head shot!! Mesa has my kind of temperament! It's been fun watching her grow through these early stages. I'll look forward to a 3 day/week/month/year reflection post from you *^* hint, hint

Linda said...

I hadn't heard that saying. I'm glad to see you are separating them from their mommy's. I've seen a few who didn't get enough of that, and it can create a dangerous situation when you finally do. Good job!

Crystal said...

She looks good, sure is a pretty girl. And her temperment sounds perfect

cdncowgirl said...

She's lovely - looks/confo, colour, temperament... I sure would be happy to have her in my pen <3

C-ingspots said...

Oh my goodness, she is going to be a real looker! Even in what should be a rather gawky age, she is lovely. And those kind, expressive eyes! I appreciate a kind and patient, laid back attitude in a horse these days. And her deep color is going to be beautiful...sigh, makes me long for another baby to raise. I always loved working with the foals, and even putting those first rides on them. Nowadays, not so much! :) Aren't you happy that our weather pattern has cooled? And the smoke has cleared? Hurray!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

She is going to be a beauty!:)