First up- I made a mistake when I assumed (you know what they say about assuming...) that it was Tay who nailed Thumper in the eye.
Once the swelling went down a bit, I could clearly see scratch marks that line up with cat's claws, and to clinch it, the next day, the neighbour's intact male cat was in the barn fighting with Thumper. I helped Thumper put the run on him! The owners are being asked to get their cat neutered asap. Wouldn't want their cat to go missing now, would we? 😇
So, I apologized to Tay.....
and I think it was accepted! She really responds to affection and attention, and over the last few days of working with her I can call her off when she is stalking the cats.
I worked with Mesa on the step yesterday.
I think I will modify it so that it's on a low platform and then the step up will flow more naturally. What I asked for, and got, was for me to be able to place her foot on the platform and have her leave it there.
It is still slippery enough that her foot slides if it is extended too far forward, so I need to do something about the surface. Maybe a piece of textured rubber mat?
She is getting really cute, but it is hard to get a good photo of her because of all the fuzzy baby hair and that awkward yearling growth stage.
Not only that, she is always either 2 inches away from the camera, or on the move!
Here is the Gussie update:
She is starting to look much better! Remember a month ago , here is what she looked like-
We are getting some curve back in her hind end....
and the hollow above her eye is gone.
For reference:
Working on her muscle tone is next. I could jiggle the muscles in her hind quarters and they are like jello! Since we are in sunny spring weather for a bit it's time to get serious about getting her in shape.


3 comments:
I am glad it wasn't Tay who got Thumper...yes that nasty cat would go missing in our neighborhood. Gussie is looking much better:)
I’m glad you figured out who the culprit is! Good work with Gussie.
cat purring on arm so one hand typing. For our bridge we used paint with coarse sand in it and sprinkled more on and pressed in while it was still wet. it's still good years later.
Post a Comment