Drifter turned a year old the other day. He is growing up... and up... and he is finally looking like a palomino. I put hotwire up at both ends of the alley between him and Beamer so he could get out and graze for a while every day.
I did end up having to halter him every time to get him through the gate, and he is really enjoying the grazing. Beamer greets him and then ignores him.

Sassy is getting large and is really slowing down, just kind of waddles around.

She is at 311 days today, and since I have a gut feeling she is going to foal early it's time to start the second foaling contest! Since this is her first foal, I have no history to go by. Foals are considered viable after 320 days, so she could foal any time after May 23rd. Technically her due date is June 15 which would be 343 days, but mares never go by the book!
So get your best guess in: colt or filly, day, time and colour and I will start a chart on the sidebar.
I have done a coat colour probability chart on her and I am going to assume that she is aa for Agouti (meaning she won't throw a foal with black points, as Beamer also doesn't carry Agouti).
Offspring Color Probability
25.00% -
| Blue Roan |
25.00% -
| Black |
25.00% -
| Red Roan |
25.00% -
| Red (Chestnut/Sorrel) |
9 comments:
Oh, gotta pick Blue Roan! Colt, June 5, 6 am.
Betsy in WI
Blue Roan filly @ 3:40 am on June 6th
Fyi, Drifter is a cute pie! Love palomino's!
Drifter is looking very handsome. He’s still a laid back dude, too! Hard to believe he’s still a stallion and so calm.
So, I’ll guess June 7th, filly, Red roan. Arrives at 2:30 am.
Blue roan filly, 27 May, 2.45am
Blue roan colt, June 11, 11:00pm.
Red (Chestnut Sorrel) Filly June 4 5 AM
Sparkle is a pretty good colt sitter:)
Oh my goodness! A blue roan filly born on my daddy's birthday, June 3rd around 6:30 in the morning would be awesome! :)
Post a Comment