
and the route down to the dyke is under water too as the pond is overflowing.
It looks like just a leaf covered trail but it has about 8 inches of water. When runoff is in full force this can get knee deep on the horses. Fun! I love riding through water.
Time for an Eli update! Actually, I have taken to calling him Lijah. He is quite a little character, sometimes as sweet as can be and sometimes opinionated! But mostly just curious and cute.

and good looking! He's a mama's boy for sure, doesn't go full tilt around the pen like Nitro did, has some of Stella's dance moves and is just a nice mixture of all the endearing attributes of all his siblings. He will be 4 weeks old tomorrow (Friday) and we have begun the teasing process with Belle as she should be coming into heat soon.

That hip! He sure is built! He finally decided he likes butt scratches, which makes it easier to catch him.
As far as Sparkle goes, I haven't ridden her yet. She has been here for a week now and the herd has accepted her. This morning in the rain, she was eating hay in the shelter and Gussie came in too- and didn't chase her out, which is what I was waiting for as I want to pony Sparkle from Gussie and I need them to get along to do that.

Riding day 39
3 comments:
FOUR WEEKS?!? Sigh... He's a looker for sure!
He has that blaze down his nose that I so love to see on horses! :)
Time is flying by. I sure miss my trips up there!!
Post a Comment