Anyway, Eli looks like he is practicing for a race himself!
I think I'll go with dance moves!

Because he sure doesn't need any practice in being cute!

I did get his colour and 5 panel tests back. He is EE aa nCr which means he is a smoky black, as I suspected. He also carries one copy of the herda gene as Beamer does. It seems the cutest ones get that gene mutation- Eli, Tumbleweed, Mesa and Josie all carry it. For those who don't know. it is a recessive disease found in certain lines of Quarter Horses, which means that it needs to have 2 copies of the gene for the disease to actually be present and affect the horse; a horse with one copy is not affected at all. I started testing Beamer's foals once I found out in 2013 that he is a carrier.
Starting Monday, he and Belle will be getting daily turnout, if all goes well they will stay out with Gussie and Sassy. Speaking of Sassy....

she is 301 days today and is starting to bag up. Her 320 day mark for a viable foal is May 23. I have a feeling she won't go until mid June, which is the standard 343 day mark. So I will be closely monitoring her and will start foal watch as soon as she is bagged up a bit more. Stay tuned for foaling contest #2! I am really hoping for a blue roan or a black from her.
6 comments:
my pick for the derby is, roasdter and improbable. last one being my favorite:)
roadster**
Eli is so cute!! He reminds me so much of Tumbleweed!! That's too bad about the Herda gene. Darn it! But he's going to make someone a great gelding, like his big bro!! As you know, I wish I could get another--and if any of mine kick the bucket...just kidding. I shouldn't say things like that, especially with T'weed recuperating from the big day yesterday. Excited to see the next baby, too. I have no doubt it will be as precious as these two. Oh, and the work you did with Tumbleweed really has helped with his foundation. The first time tied in a trailer, and he did better than I could ever imagine. He didn't even seem worried when we arrived at the vet. I credit your early work with that. And his ability to give to pressure when tied. It's just ingrained.
hmm.. country horse won it. regardless, excellent race for such sloppy conditions!
That was some race...I picked Improbable he seemed antsy and ready to run!
Another foal what fun for you! :)
I love Roans! My guess is blue roan filly, June 2, 2:30 am!
Post a Comment