March has been rather lion-y all month. We just had another blast of snow and cold (-17C this morning) and I sure hope it will be winter's last hurrah and spring will get sprung!
The last weekend I had family over, and my sister from the coast picked up the last kitten from the litter, Minou. I had her in the house for a month socialising her, getting her to the vet for spay and vacs.
It was a wonderful weekend with more family visiting on Saturday. Sunday we drove my sister and Minou to the Calgary airport.
At least the weather cooperated that weekend. The river went out just before she got here.
The geese are winging their way back too.
Happy is getting pretty big now, her 320 safe date is about April 11th. I had the farrier over yesterday to trim Gussie, and Happy just hung out with us. She really is a sweet mare.
I have a name for her foal, which will fit if it is a colt. We will be doing a foaling contest again as soon as she is a bit closer to foaling.
I am so looking forward to April and an end to the cold and snow! So I am enjoying vicariously all the spring photos you all are posting, especially the flowers. I am itching to go to the greenhouse to get some more daylilies and some annuals for my potted flowers.






6 comments:
March has been a terrible month. I hope spring comes soon.
Your sister looks so happy with the kitten! Windy most of the month here, we may warm up this week. We are headed back to the woods after Easter:)
What a sweet photo of your sister with her new kitten. I hope they both have a safe flight home.
Your sister and Minou look like a match made in heaven. Very sweet photo of the beginning of their journey. Happy is coming right along! Are you thinking a May baby?
Hi sounds like a wonderful weekend
1st week of May we think
Post a Comment