Sunday, June 7, 2026

So....I did a thing....

 With the help of my husband, who always supports my crazy horse dreams.

You will recall that last year, I bred Gussie to a palomino stallion who carried a lot of Leo blood (my favorite) and although she checked in foal, she didn't carry  it long. 

I had the option of buying a stud colt by that stallion instead of breeding back to him. The lady who had the stallion had a mare in foal to the Leo stud, and since she threw a colt and not the filly she wanted, she offered him to me. 

Ted and I went to see him today, and since I couldn't fault the colt, we are buying him.




Photos taken today at a week old. Good bone, straight legs and a cute head. 

His dam is a granddaughter of the great Easy Jet. 



The next photos were when he was just a day old. 



Such unique markings! We aren't sure yet if he will be palomino, so are sending in for a dna color test to be sure. 

He will be great company for Tuffy once we bring him home in September!

10 comments:

M said...

so he will be your new stallion then? cool! like those spots on his nose!

Linda said...

Oh my!! What a handsome baby. Congratulations!!

4RRanch said...

What fun, a colt and you didn't have to worry for over 11 months.

Shirley said...

Exactly! Well worth the price.

GunDiva said...

Such a handsome boy!

Leslie said...

A wonderful future for him

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aurora said...

Congrats! Nice bloodlines. I look forward to reading more about what I assume is your future stud. It will be fun "watching" him grow up!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh he has great markings! Congratulations!

Val Ewing said...

What a beauty.