Tuffy is starting to show his true color
Around the eyes is the first place to show grey.
He has his mama's pretty face too
He continues to be adorable and fun.
He prefers to get in the trailer without his mama, she takes up a lot of room.
Now for the update....
Anyone recognize this mare?
That is Midnight Mesa, with her first foal! The sire is a very well bred reiner, and that little colt looks the part.
Mesa sure looks like Beamer now that she has matured. One of the reasons I sold her was that she looked too small for me, but she sure has chunked up and I wouldn't hesitate to ride her.
I came up with names for the colt I am buying, his barn name will be Leo ( of course) and his registered name will be DLH Jetaway Leo. They haven't handled him much yet, so he will likely be a blank slate for me in September. We are pulling hair for his DNA test including color, but I am pretty sure he will be sorrel and not palomino. If you look around his eyes, that dark red is starting to show his true color.
I do love me a bright sorrel horse!







7 comments:
Oh I love a grey horse...Tuffy will be a looker! Your Leo is missing out on lots of young manners but he will catch up fast! Fun to see Midnight Mesa:)
Looks like you have gotten a fair amount of rain at your place. I do remember Mesa, but did not recognize her. She is all grown up!
Nice name choice. I bet you cannot wait to get Leo home!!
i do too. especially in thoroughbred racing. i always pick the grey horse if there's one entered in the derby.
I can’t believe how Mesa has matured. She did look small as a baby, but now she’s huge. That’s a great cross.
Horse color changes are fascinating. Do you have any photos of Happy when she was younger?
Leo is gorgeous. I love pretty sorrels, so that will be fun to watch.
The only photo I can find of Happy before she went grey is on her registration papers, showing that she was originally bay roan.
Congratulations!
Nice colors! Beautiful.
My mules get a beautiful copper color in the summer!
Leo will be amazing.
Post a Comment