This little guy is an unusual colour:

Okay, I know I didn't get his head in that picture, but I just wanted to show the line on his back, and the mark across his shoulders. Beamer, who is black, comes from a maternal line of dun mares: his sire, Peppy A Poco, had a dun mother, grandmother, and great grandmother. So I am assuming that the dun factor can be carried as a recessive gene. Also, both Beamer and Gussie have a lot of roans in their pedigrees, and when you brush back the fur on this colt, it has that greyish look that tells me he will roan out. Interesting!
3 comments:
Since I don't know the first thing about horses, I can easily focus on the bottom line: He's here!
I'm so happy for all of you. And thank you, Shirley, for posting the pics:0)
Grulla? They often have the stripe.
We will have to wait for a while to see how much dun factor he has as he sheds his baby hair; grulla is a possibility!
Post a Comment