And so it begins.... Gussie is showing all the signs of imminent foaling; the jiggly muscles around her tail area, puffy vulva, waxy droplets on her teats, a change in the shape of her belly, and that look on her face that pregnant women the world over can sympathise with. So I'll be checking her regularly, starting tonight. She's 332 days today, and while I know the average is supposed to be 343 days, I've had mares foal in 320 days all the way to 350 days. And with this being a first foal, this could go on for a week or so, or it could be tonight! I'll be sure to keep my camera handy.
4 comments:
I'm so excited about Gussie foaling you would think she was my mare. I look forward to some good baby pics. Good luck.
I checked her 3 times during the night, no baby yet!This may be one of those long drawn out episodes- I hope not!
All the best to Gussie and the little-one-to-come. I don't know that much about horses other than to say they are beautiful creatures. Please keep us advised of her condition. God bless.
Tom- horses and dogs; God's gift to us.
Post a Comment