Today the blizzard is still raging. With high winds and blowing snow, Coyote Belle and Sassy couldn't stay warm, so I brought them in, dried them off and blanketed them. Gussie and her baby are living in the stall just behind Coyote Belle; I keep the top door closed so that the wind doesn't blow in on them. I don't really like keeping them cooped up, but I let them out for a romp 3 times a day. I'd rather do that than have the little guy get foal pneumonia. Speaking of his little cuteness, I need some entries in my name the foal contest: see my post "Contest Time" for pedigree information. The prize is a Western Horseman Book:
Helpful Hints for Horsemen
We've compiled hundreds of "Here's Hows" published in the magazine over the last decade into one handy reference guide. The tips cover every facet of life with horses and offer solutions to common problems all horse owners share.
Chapters include: • Equine Health Care • Saddles • Bits and Bridles • Gear • Knots • Trailers/Hauling Horses • Trail Riding/Backcountry Camping • Barn Equipment • Watering Systems • Pasture, Corral, and Arena Equipment • Fencing and Gates • Odds and Ends
Anyone can enter, it doesn't matter what country you live in! So get your entries in so I can call him something other than baby!
1 comment:
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have really enjoyed going over yours! I love you red roan mare! We have a red roan gelding, I just love there markings and color! I will be checking by in with you. Have a great and blessed day!
Post a Comment